Sunday 16 September 2012

Pencil Drawings

I've felt that I'm not practicing drawing nearly enough.  As it was the thing I was most worried about I suppose that's not surprising but in fact when I've had a go I've been impressed with myself considering my inexperience.

Yesterday I took a pot of tea into the garden and loaded my sketchbook and pencils onto the tray as well.
I drew lots of things that were in my line of vision and really enjoyed it.  The time just disappeared in the same way that it does when you're deep into a good book.

This is a selection of what I drew.

The swing on the apple tree

Comfy sandals



Essential equipment


The workshop

I feel unsure about exactly what I should be doing here.  Am I trying to develop my observational skills and make an accurate representation or should I be using "marks" in the way I have learnt?

No comments:

Post a Comment