Wednesday 5 June 2013

More Open Studios Notts

We stayed very local this weekend; not straying further that 5 or 6 miles from home. And we saw more wonderful work.

Artempo are a group of eight local artists and they displayed their work in Bassetlaw Museum.   It included paintings, drawings, textiles and ceramics.  And details of another exhibition...



As a direct result of talking to exhibitors I've booked onto a collograph workshop and decided to go to the local Embroiderers Guild (not quite sure of it's real name) on Wednesday to hear Ingrid Karlsson-Kemp talk about her work.


There are Places - Ingrid Karlsson Kemp

Original stitched in fabric & fibres including found objects.

Stretched and framed in handmade whitewashed box frame.   http://ingrid-karlsson-kemp.co.uk/

My workshop is by Carole Eason whose family inspired, detailed prints I just loved.

A Touch of Autumn - Carol Eason


We also wandered up to the studio of Polly Warren is the lovely village of Askham.  Polly uses a converted garage as her place of work and she produces linocut prints.  She showed us the process and demonstrated her new press.

Polly's demo - getting used to the new press


Amazingly Polly told us she "couldn't draw".   I wish I "couldn't draw" like Polly.

We've had two great weekends that have helped me to understand my own work much better.  I'm starting to feel I'm a "can do" artist.


No comments:

Post a Comment