Wednesday 31 October 2012

Assignment one Reflection

Demonstration of Technical and Visual Skills

I've tried a whole new range of materials and had surprising results
Mark making developed slowly but I am beginning to use the learning in my stitching
My hand stitching is where I feel most secure
Machine work needs practice
Visual awareness, design and compositional skills are all areas where I need experience and guidance

Quality of Outcome

I have sometimes not used the best material to interpret
I have used what I've learnt whilst integrating prior knowledge
Presentation is important to me and I have tried to be organised about it
I am learning to make creative judgements and experiment with materials to get the best result
I have ideas that don't always work but experience will help
I'm proud of some of my work

Demonstration of Creativity

I can look at an image and imagine it in another medium such as stitch
I am prepared to experiment and am getting used to not getting it right first time
I like the idea of being inventive but am sometimes disappointed with the outcome
My personal voice is quiet right now but as time goes on I'm sure I'll find it

Context

I have reflected and learnt a lot over these few weeks
I haven't yet used the reading I've done
I think my workbook and my log will be a valuable resource in the coming months.
I am feeling less exposed in my blog and it is therefore becoming more comfortable
My sketchbook is not being used properly

No comments:

Post a Comment