Tuesday 30 July 2013

My hopes - reviewed


At the start of this course I listed my hopes.  I have referred to this list occasionally but it's crunch time; now I have to check if I've managed to fulfil my hopes.  This is what I wrote with my comments in blue


I hope:
to learn all I can

Yes this has been fulfilled  The course has given me the opportunity to become acquainted with new skills and develop old ones in new ways.  There has also been the option to go  a bit further with things I'm particularly interested in...

to become more confident in my creative ability

Another yes. I am much happier that I "can" rather than being diffident.  I have yet to sort out the difference between confidence and arrogance.


to be able to follow through from inspiration to finished piece in a mindful and consistent way

Yes again.  I have learned that ideas have to be developed from somewhere, they don't just happen.  Project 10 gave me the opportunity draw everything together to create a design from start to finish and I think what I made is cohesive.


to find fulfilment in what I produce

Yes, yes, yes.  I'm addicted and I'm told there's no known cure

to receive knowledgeable feedback so that I have the opportunity to improve

After making the very hard decision to change my tutor at the end of Stage one I have felt confident and happy with the balance of the feedback I've received.  I got a lot out of the asides my tutor has sent, the book suggestions, articles and so on.  I've not met her or even spoken to her but I feel she knows me pretty well.  Thanks Liz.

to develop my skills base
There's no doubt about it I'm much more skillful and much more aware of so many new things

to be proud of my achievements
I'm learning to recognise when my work is good.  I'm proud of the distance I've travelled and the work I've produced.



I feel like I do at the end of a good book - I don't want it to end because I've enjoyed it so much.  Good job there's a sequel.












At

No comments:

Post a Comment