Friday 12 July 2013

Project 10 Stage 2b



I've been feeling a bit out of sorts with my work and as though I'm getting nowhere.  I've some issues around at the moment and I'm sure they are affecting my work.  It's just surprised me how much.

I've decided to change tack a bit and I've re-looked at the watermelon applique I did earlier.  I'm going to look for shapes I can work with.



These are my favourites  (although the frame didn't lie very flat)






On the diagonal - very coastal




Another diagonal











These look very map like




I'm going to try to zoom in a bit further and get more detail.


Perhaps a little minimalist

I love these shapes and colours

Calm and dynamic at the same time I love it

Yin and Yang

This has been a revelation.  I think in the past I've looked at too big an area.  Going small has certainly offered me lots more opportunities.  I think I'll look more closely at the third one because it has movement and texture in bucket loads.






First the computer manipulation simply because I can't resist it and it's quite lovely.

Paint.net - dents

I decided to do a paper collage and selected some papers although in the end I didn't use this many.  The paler green was used only very little and the pale pink spot didn't get used at all.



I used A3 paper and just tried to get the feel of the image.  I think it worked.



From a distance it has the atmosphere of a forest.

Overnight I think I've had a Eureka moment so I'll start another page in the hope it's true.

No comments:

Post a Comment