Monday 10 December 2012

Project 4 Stage 2 Ex 2

Colour


Most of what I did in Ex 1 was in neutrals but I particularly liked it when I went  a bit wild with primary colours so for this exercise I decided to take the coloured computer generated image as my focus.  As in an earlier stitching exercise I felt that the red and yellow worked particularly well on black so I tried to isolate them. 



That left me with an image that had drama but no cohesion; just good colours  I thought of making a repeat pattern but because of the angle of the image and my inexperience with the programme I couldn't make it work so I tried the same manipulation that I had used previously (Paint.net with the "twist" at 9.3) and hey presto wonderful things happened.  






I played about using a snip containing the blue and it didn't work nearly so well.  It seemed to lose it's drama and the negative shapes became less prounounced.


I think I should be able to say why it didn't work after the colour module I've done but I'm not at all sure.  Could it be something to do with the yellow and red being saturated and the blue more muted?  I tried a saturated blue.  I anticipated that it would get swallowed up in the dark background and that is exactly what happened.





It's hard to believe that all this thinking came from a photo of a piece of bark cloth.

No comments:

Post a Comment