Monday 4 February 2013

Assignment 2 Reflection


Assessment criteria points

Demonstration of Technical and Visual Skills
I am seeing more and differently.  I am looking with my eyes not my head as I have been encouraged to do.  That is directly attributable to the early exercises in Part 2.

I've tried lots of techniques new to me and been out of my comfort zone.  I have met with varying measures of success.

My expectation exceeds my skill and this was so with both stencilling and silk painting.  

I'm finding it hard to be a good judge of my own work; I'm often not sure if something has worked or not.

Quality of Outcome
I'm often carried away with an idea and forget to use my new learning.  I just hope that somewhere it comes through in my work

Presentation is important to me and I have tried to be organised about it.  I'm finding the storage of practical samples difficult as the bulk of my work is on the blog.

I am learning to make creative judgements and experiment with materials to get the best result

I recognise that I have come a long way in a little time

I have sometimes not used the best starting points

Demonstration of Creativity
I have been able to take an idea and develop it and repeat the process again and again.

I am prepared to experiment and am getting used to not getting it right first time.

I am finding sometimes the mistakes create new opportunities

I am surprised at the boldness of some of my work and the colours I have been using

Context
I have reflected on both the positive and negative and learnt a lot 

I have sometimes been sidetracked by a particular interest although it has always been sparked by the course (eg mingling)

My workbook and my log are becoming things I refer to often

I am feeling less exposed in my blog and it is therefore becoming more comfortable

I have realised that "drawing" is not just pencil sketching but almost everything I do

No comments:

Post a Comment