Saturday 10 November 2012

Project 3 Stage 3 Ex 3

Recording colours accurately


For this exercise I have returned to a painting I looked at in Daring Colour earlier in this section of the course.  It is Sarlat by Shirley Trevena.  I took a small section that offered lots of contrasts in colour and I was astonished at how many different shades I had to mix within one colour.  The colours are very much to my taste.







I found that I was able to be quite accurate in achieving the colours I wanted; the only real mistake was the red on the bottom right of the lower photo.  This time I managed to get a depth of colour that eluded me in the last exercise.  I only just feel that I'm getting to grips with paints; it's all too easy to start slopping about with mud coloured water.

I like the darkening effect that a touch of grey gives without making things too heavy.

I didn't find this as satisfying as the last exercise because I was a little unsure about exactly where I should be laying down paint.  In the event the swatches tell the best tale.





No comments:

Post a Comment