Tuesday 20 November 2012

Project 3 Stage 4 Ex 2 (2)


Colour moods and themes

It seems an awful waste to let the beautiful Autumn colours we've had this year go to waste so I've had a quick trip around the garden and picked up a few to photograph.  I plan to select just one and make a colour bag for it.

My lovely bundle of leaves






                                               ....but which to choose









..in the end it was these



I liked the idea of photographing leaves on newspaper; there seemed a real connection.  I've pressed the leaves and when they are dry I will add them to my bag.

In spite of the colours being a symptom of the end of a season and decay the yellows and oranges are vibrant and exciting.  The more muted corals and browns dilute that a bit and add a mellowness that I find attractive.





In preparing my colour bag it was soon clear that the yellow tones were very similar to the ones I put into my Picasso bag a day or two ago.  I used some bright yellow poplin and a scrap of a brown polyester fabric.  For my yarns I selected embroidery silks; two browns, 3 yellows and three coral colours.  I also popped in some silks tops which I'm sure I could find a use for.





                    


I've really enjoyed doing these exercises and never again will I take colours I see so much at face value.


No comments:

Post a Comment