Monday 5 November 2012

Project 2 Stage 2 Ex 1


Colour perception


I'm not sure what I expected of this exercise but I ended up getting lots of surprises with the variety of effects.  No two were the same.  Sometimes the small square seemed to jump out of the page (blue on orange) and other times it receded.  In the blue on blue I felt as though I was looking towards the end of a tunnel.












This time my small squares were violet and the effects seemed less dramatic but nevertheless all different.  I didn't get any of the "tunnel" effect with this selection. 










I tried lots of permutations and continued to find no two squares looking the same.  Some small squares even seemed to move.
















I think the purpose of this exercise is to demonstrate that colour can appear to change depending on the colours is is associating with.

No comments:

Post a Comment